Weekends!! The first question which comes in our mind is "WHAT DO WE DO ON WEEKENDS?"
Other than Shopping Malls, Movies, Pubs & Bars below are the top 5 places where you would like to go in Bangalore on weekends.
- Nandi Hills : It is located just 10 km from Chickballapur town and approximately 60 km from the city of Bangalore. You need to go towards Hyderabad Road, There is left Going ahead after International airport. It is refreshing to be there, and exiting to be driving/riding up in the hill. There are gardens, Tipu Sultans temporary residence, Fort, Ancient Temple but most importantly the breathtaking view from the hill.
- Wonderla : located near Bidadi, 28 kilometers (17 mi) from Bangalore. You need to take the Mysore Road to reach there. It is an amusement Park with lots of interesting and exiting activities.
- Bannerghatta National Park : It is situated 22 km south of Bangalore. You need to take Bannerghatta road in order to reach here.It is mainly a zoo but it is covered with greenery.Another attraction here is Lion & Tiger safari where vehicle will be provided to enter in to the restricted jungle area. You can see tigers,lions,bears,deer roaming around freely. There are BMTC/Volvo buses available to reach here from Majestic.
- Tipu Sultan Fort & Summer Palace : It is located at the center of Old Bangalore near Kalasipalyam Bus Stand. This is a palace made by Kempe Gowda, founder of Bangalore. Later it was extended by Tipu Sultan. It is a museum where you can see Tipu's crown & used clothes. This monument gives you a touch of history.
- ISKCON Temple : This temple of Radha Krishna, located in North Bangalore. Chord Rd, Rajajinagar near yashwanthpur. It is a grand temple with modern architecture. The main attractions are evening arati, chants of "Hare Rama Hare Krishna"
There are few other places which you can consider as good options to spend time with your family,
- Hesaraghatta Lake : This man made reservoir located 18 km to the north-west of Bangalore. To reach here, you need to go towards Tumkur road & after Dasarahalli take right from a place called 8 mile. You will get the lake if you go straight from there. In a natural surrounding it is a water body.
- Sankey Tank : It is situated in the western part of Bangalore in the middle of the suburbs of Malleshwaram, Vyalikaval and Sadashiva Nagar. This man made lake or tank is surrounded by gardens where you can see migratory birds & can opt for boating.
- Vishwa Shanti Ashram : This ashram is located in the outskirts of Bangalore 17 kms, Tumkur highway (NH 4) near Nelamangala town.This peaceful calm ashram has Vishnu idols in all His avatar & big idols of rivers which are depicted as Goddess.
- Lumbini Garden : It is a public park on the banks of the Nagawara Lake in Bangalore.It is situated near Manyata Infotech IT park which is in the outer ring road between K.R Puram and Hebbal. It is a lake with gardens,boating, and some refreshments
- Ramakrishna Mission : This is located at Bull Temple Road, Bangalore. This is the main center of R.K.Mission in bangalore.
- Lalbagh : It is located in southern Bangalore mavalli road. This botanical garden is having tress from many countries. Watch out for the flower festivals in winter.
- Bull Temple : This ancient Shiva Temple is situated in the N.R. Colony, Basavanagudi, area of South Bangalore.
- Kempfort : It is a Shiva Temple, located at Old Airport Road. It looks like a cave depicting all the jyotir lingas. It also has a very big Shiva statue.
- Omkar hill Temple : This Shiva temple is located at Uttarahalli Kengeri road near Raja rajeshwari nagar. It is situated in a small hill from where you can view a birds eye view of Bangalore
- The Art Of Living Ashram : It is located at Kanakapura Road. It is an ashram filled with greenery and nice buildings to shoot photographs.
- Snow City : This amusement park is located at Jaya Mahal Road.
This trips can be covered within a day.
To name a few below mentioned trekking destinations are fun,
Ranganatha swamy Betta
For more details please visit,